Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Portfolio: Grimm Beginnings

I am currently in the process of building my portfolio around Background and Layout art as well as background animations and minimal animations in general. My biggest project in my portfolio is a show pitch that one of my teachers assignments for a character and background class inspired me.

"Grimm Beginnings" is the story of the adolescent Grimm brothers, who live in a village in a secluded forest. Within the surrounding forest lies magical creatures, witches and other oddities that later inspire the brothers to write their own stories we know and love today.

The first shots I'd like to show are from the Village Gate scene. It is the transition from beautiful to dark. The brothers approach the gate and contemplate going in to explore.



I am currently in the process of animating both of these shots as well! I have another student working on character designs.
More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment